My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, United States

Red headed blogger and dog walker who just doesn't like the Frogs.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

In Search of Self

My blog readers may have noticed my absence from the blogosphere the last few days and they too may have been in search for my self. But I found it! I'm right here. Much time was spent haggling over houses, hanging at the lake, and playing a new computer game where my Turkish legions were destroyed by the French Army. I returned the defective game yesterday and got a new one.

But the most important finding in the search for self (besides forcing computerized Frenchies to come up with a word for "victory") was this quiz linked on Tony's blog - Theological Worldview

As it turns out, I'm Catholic:
--------------------
You are Roman Catholic. Church tradition and ecclesial authority are hugely important, and the most important part of worship for you is mass. As the Mother of God, Mary is important in your theology, and as the communion of saints includes the living and the dead, you can also ask the saints to intercede for you.

Roman Catholic - 93%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan - 79%

Charismatic/Pentecostal - 75%

Neo orthodox - 75%

Classical Liberal - 64%

Fundamentalist - 57%

Reformed Evangelical - 50%

Modern Liberal - 39%

Emergent/Postmodern - 36%
-----------------------------
I'm proud of the fact that I scored in the solid 90's. I like the certainty that comes with that. Tony listed his results and his highest score was a 71 in the 'Classic Liberal' column. Such uncertainty... ;-)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me? Not so much with the certainty:

You scored as Classical Liberal.



You are a classical liberal. You are sceptical about much of the historicity of the Bible, and the most important thing Jesus has done is to set us a good moral example that we are to follow. Doctrines like the trinity and the incarnation are speculative and not really important, and in the face of science and philosophy the surest way we can be certain about God is by our inner awareness of him. Discipleship is expressed by good moral behaviour, but inward religious feeling is most important.

Classical Liberal

79%
Roman Catholic

79%
Emergent/Postmodern

64%
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

50%
Neo orthodox

46%
Modern Liberal

46%
Charismatic/Pentecostal

43%
Reformed Evangelical

36%
Fundamentalist

7%

6/26/2005 4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roman Catholic

82%
Neo orthodox

75%
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

68%
Classical Liberal

57%
Reformed Evangelical

43%
Modern Liberal

36%
Emergent/Postmodern

32%
Charismatic/Pentecostal

29%
Fundamentalist

25%

6/27/2005 8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I scored highest in what I am, but my Lutheran upbrining and lots of exposure to those crazy Baptists at Bethel College clearly had an impact.

6/27/2005 8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well its nice to have a little reaffirmation that I'm Catholic. Bill - I even had more certainty than you...

You scored as Roman Catholic.

Roman Catholic - 96%

Neo orthodox - 79%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan - 61%

Classical Liberal - 57%

Emergent/Postmodern - 43%

Fundamentalist - 39%

Charismatic/Pentecostal - 39%

Modern Liberal - 36%

Reformed Evangelical - 18%

6/28/2005 4:40 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Bill, two posts in a week, tisk tisk. You were posted on Captain Ed, something I have never accomplished and you squander readership like that...

A young blogger will always disregard his readership, I did and to this day I can not duplicate the numbers that I was putting up in March and April.

6/28/2005 8:09 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

Who needs a blogdodge now Gilles?

6/29/2005 5:15 PM  
Blogger Tony Garcia said...

The thing about that quiz that I could not figure out...they asked questions about a belief of a religion. So, I could answer "yes" I know that is a belief, but I do not subscribe to that belief. Should I have marked "no" then?

And therein lies my uncertainty.

7/06/2005 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home