My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, United States

Red headed blogger and dog walker who just doesn't like the Frogs.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Mark Dayton - A Glowing Blue Lamp for Freaks Everywhere

I'll probably get in trouble for this - so let me do my best to first give all credit to Roll Call. The following comes from that fine, subcriber only, publication Roll Call. It was Roll Call and all it's greatness that has brought us this - oh, and National Journal too:

Roll Call'sAkers asks "if a certain soft drink making" Sen. Mark Dayton (D-MN) and his staff jittery?" Someone, "or many people" in Dayton's office are "guzzling Diet Coke by the caseload." On 7/26 Dayton office manager Kristin Gentile sent an e-mail "with the eerie two-word subject line: Diet Coke." Gentile: "On Thursday, I bought 18 cases of Diet Coke. ... We are now down to four. ... I think we can all agree that 168 cans of Diet Coke should have lasted us far longer than two business days! ... Unlike the water supply, the Coke is paid for by Mark personally. Please, please, please be respectful of his money ... and limit the amount of Coke you consume to a reasonable one or two cans." Dayton spokesperson Chris Lisi "rather testily" said "usually reporters call me about stories that make sense. ... Why are you calling me about Diet Coke?" Akers on her response: "Ok -- just lay off the Diet Cokes, give us a call back, and we'll be happy to explain!" (7/27).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home