My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, United States

Red headed blogger and dog walker who just doesn't like the Frogs.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Comments, Appreciated and Otherwise

I do enjoy your comments, but not all of them. Especially not the spamming commercial variety that are often confusing at best. I got many of these in my long absence and on my previous post. No more.

I have also turned off the anonymous commenting... I think. From now on you will have to go through the elaborate process of creating a fake identity in order to comment anonymously. I'm somewhat torn by this. Anonymity often encourages the reluctant and can be a source of 'truth' that might be difficult to point out in polite company. It's the old fly in the down position dilemma. Someone should really tell that person, but who really wants to be the one to go through that uncomfortable exchange?

Another thing anonymity encourages is vulgarity. I have nothing against vulgarity, but I think it only fair that those who are, take credit for being so. Vulgarity in anonymity is mental masturbation. Vulgarity in public is likely to get you a morning FM job. So keep those audition tapes coming!

1 Comments:

Blogger Marty said...

I was the anonymous commenter that outed Valerie Plame.

Sorry CIA

10/26/2005 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home