My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, United States

Red headed blogger and dog walker who just doesn't like the Frogs.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Missing in Action

I had no idea. I leave my blog alone for one measly month and I start getting junk email posts to my comments section. Something about online dating, another about the food network, and few other pieces which may or may not have been random.

Anyway, hopefully the fact that I'm posting will chase away these junk comments.

Many topics have surfaced and submerged in the last month or so.

The White Sox are going to the World Series. This is a tragedy beyond words. If ever a curse was derserved, it is the White Sox ever since they threw the Series back in 1919. The curse of the Bambino was a dumb trade, but hardly curse worthy - and moot anyway. The curse of the billy goat is just stupid, unless that is your code word for Dusty Baker.

The Black Sox made Pete Rose look like a girl scout by comparison. Rose, for all his stupidity, merely bet on his team. The Sox THREW the game! The entire existence of the Chicago White Sox* should be followed by an asterisk. And every fan worth a damn who believes in the history and integrity of the game should do everything in their will power to wish the Sox* into an embarrassing defeat at the hands of the National League.

As troubling as the World Series bound White Sox* is to me, it can only be trumped by the inane pick of Harriet Miers to the Supreme court. Listen, I love Bush and I'm willing to swallow a lot of swill to support him. I can swallow Miers being an affirmative action female pick. I can swallow a 'stealth' candidate that is difficult to pin down in a confirmation hearing. I can even, just barely, handle the fact that Miers is a crony. What I can't swallow is what the MSNBC/Wall Street Journal poll made abundantly clear - only 29% of American's think Miers is QUALIFIED to be a Supreme Court Justice. This is a country, and we are a party, of Merit! Bush could have violated all of the other things I dislike and I would have accepted his "trust me" had his nominee been remotely qualified to serve on the Supreme Court. Sadly she is not, and she needs to be kept off the Supreme Court. I'd even swallow a White Sox* victory for that outcome.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brown returns to BJI as specialty president
Brown Jordan International Inc. named Bill Brown as president, Specialty Retail and Outdoor Contract Division, effective Oct.
Find out how you can buy & sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

10/17/2005 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, you need to stop allowing anonymous comments. Plus adding letter verification. That is all.

10/17/2005 4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I think the last time I stopped by was September 13. And this is all I get?! I'm trying to not write my Operations Strategy paper right now! This is all you give me?! Harriet Miers is uninspired and the White Sox are evil?! Like I didn't know these things already?!

Now I have to do homework. Bitch.

10/17/2005 5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can imagine you swallowing a lot from Bush, creamy and tasty

10/18/2005 7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really? I thought he would lean more towards cheney, I would expect bill would swallow more from dick than bush.

10/19/2005 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea thats what Need-a-Joe told us.

10/19/2005 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home